I have been practically hibernating here. It went up to 96° yesterday.! So I get up late, let the birds out. Do as little as possible, take a nap. Then, after the sun goes down, do more things.
I did get more trim put up around the doors of the latest polish tractor. And made roosts for it, and installed them.
And I started construction on the love shack for my buck goat.

Here's the frame.
20210731_172636.jpg

How's your weather? Seen tornado warning near you.
We had a couple of nice thunderstorms. One tornado was just about ten miles east of us. It didn't touch down, though. another one was about 30 miles west of us, It formed a funnel cloud but it didn't reach the ground either.
I pulled my garlic, 47 of them. have them in the garage curing. I have a new spot for a bed picked out for this fall. I have to do some tilling and fertilizing.
some of my grapes are doing nicely. First year training main stems.
We have had a small doe visiting us a few times a week. So far she doesn't bother my raised beds of beets and beans and tomatoes.
Three days ago she was under the apple tree picking the ones that the wind knocked down. She brought some helpers along.. three spotted fawns. They visit just about every day just at dusk
......jiminwisc.......

Wow.

The deer that visited my yarn devastated the beans and sunflowers.
I sprinkle my beds with fish emulsion. I think the deer do not like the odor.
I am experimenting, so don't take this as gospel.
I bought the fish emulsion at Menard's. You can probably find it at any garden center..
A little goes a long way. About one ounce per gallon of water. It is organic.

Today I went down to the river and collected some flat stones for my garden path. Need lots more, but it's steep coming back up the bank.
And I painted one piece of plywood for the end of my goat's new love shack. Hope to cut more pieces tomorrow.
Went to the ENT, and finally am rid of this ear infection that has been bothering me for a month.
Photo shows some of my girls in the run made of a trampoline frame.
20210731_165642.jpg

We had a couple of nice thunderstorms. One tornado was just about ten miles east of us. It didn't touch down, though. another one was about 30 miles west of us, It formed a funnel cloud but it didn't reach the ground either.
I pulled my garlic, 47 of them. have them in the garage curing. I have a new spot for a bed picked out for this fall. I have to do some tilling and fertilizing.
some of my grapes are doing nicely. First year training main stems.
We have had a small doe visiting us a few times a week. So far she doesn't bother my raised beds of beets and beans and tomatoes.
Three days ago she was under the apple tree picking the ones that the wind knocked down. She brought some helpers along.. three spotted fawns. They visit just about every day just at dusk
......jiminwisc.......
Wow! Three fawns! I wonder if they are all hers.

She brought some helpers along.. three spotted fawns. They visit just about every day just at dusk
Last year I had a doe with one, a doe with 2 and a doe with 3. And a couple does with none one of the 2 fawns committed suicide in the e poultry fence. 2 of the 3 triplets were harvested. The doe with one got hit on the road but harvested.
This year I have seen 5 does and 7 fawns all together, not sure who has how many. In my cousins farm across the road I have seen 14 adult deer eating the corn before it was knee high.
Too many deer around here. The forest preserves a few miles to the east have had sharpshooter to reduce the numbers. No hunting alouded over there.

Back
Top Bottom