So I tried a little darker tonight to.put the cochins on the roost inside the coop while leaving the small coop to run open.
They sat there til they both got a wild hair up their butt to fly up into the rafters of the monitor roof!!! What in the world!?!
I thought my d'uccles were insane but these bantam cochins half the age of the d'uccles are worse.
I know chickens other than Silkies n Satins like to roost higher up but rafters?!

Look at it this way, if you have rafter roosters, you have more room on the roosts for more chickens.
Lol...yeah I was just counting that all up today!!!
So they sat on the actual roost bars off and on during the day today but then little before dark dark I put them on the roost inside the coop and they beat me back to the run.
Now they are chirping heads off and sitting on top of the treat bucket!
Babies!

Lol...yeah I was just counting that all up today!!!
So they sat on the actual roost bars off and on during the day today but then little before dark dark I put them on the roost inside the coop and they beat me back to the run.
Now they are chirping heads off and sitting on top of the treat bucket!
Babies!

Unruly kids just won't go to bed properly.

I am currently building my biggest coop ever and thought about how many newbies are trying to build their first coop ever. Thinking of all you struggling to learn the use of tools and with questions on your mind about planning, i thought it would be helpful to share what i have learned and let others do the same. Even small tips can ease frustration in the building process. If you just want to share pictures of your progress, have at it. Let's share and encourage each other.
The usual back yard chicken rules apply. Please play nice, no need to be rude. Everyone has to learn sometime . Welcome to my coop building thread.

I am currently building my biggest coop ever and thought about how many newbies are trying to build their first coop ever. Thinking of all you struggling to learn the use of tools and with questions on your mind about planning, i thought it would be helpful to share what i have learned and let others do the same. Even small tips can ease frustration in the building process. If you just want to share pictures of your progress, have at it. Let's share and encourage each other.
The usual back yard chicken rules apply. Please play nice, no need to be rude. Everyone has to learn sometime . Welcome to my coop building thread.
I built my first coop 2 years ago. We researched local ordinances and built it to specs. I have recently added on and we let the chickens free range. It was really rather easy since I took my time. I have pictures posted in the gallery. Oh, it had to look nice since we live on a busy street right across from the High School. Couldn't be an eyesore. Our neighbors call it our "MINI FARM" LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_20220917_163853447_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220917_163853447_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom