I'm on borrowed internet for the evening, getting warm and fed at my SIL's who has a generator.

I was at work today and it was a complete madhouse. We were desperately trying to feed people who were cold, hungry, and stressed out.

I was thinking of you with that power station attack in the news, but didn't know if you were affected. Dang it! What an awful thing for someone to do to a whole lot of people!
I'm glad your SIL has a genny. Do you guys need anything?

I'm on borrowed internet for the evening, getting warm and fed at my SIL's who has a generator.

I was at work today and it was a complete madhouse. We were desperately trying to feed people who were cold, hungry, and stressed out.
So sorry that people are doing crazy stuff like that. Terrible situation for so many people!

I have power back. Hoping it's stable.

I was thinking of you with that power station attack in the news, but didn't know if you were affected. Dang it! What an awful thing for someone to do to a whole lot of people!
I'm glad your SIL has a genny. Do you guys need anything?

With 3 households combined -- us and 2 of DH's sisters -- we had water, gas stoves to cook on, and access to a generator for charging phones.

So sorry that people are doing crazy stuff like that. Terrible situation for so many people!

there was a feature on our local news about the power outage.
it sounds like more than just some kids pulling a prank, to me.
I will bet there will be similar incidents somewhere else.

No, it can't have been kids. This was far too severe -- it had to have been carefully planned.

There were 12 stations damaged, 2 of them so bad as to be irreparable. They've brought in a mobile substation until they can replace what they can't repair.

News was talking about some far right extremist 2x previously had been arrested for conspiracy for similar attacks, before they did any damage.
So far no group has claimed responsibility

I was expecting eco-terrorists to make claims, but nothing yet.

The wildest theories are being tossed around from every possible angle. 🤷‍♀️

I'm hoping that there were security cameras.

I have power back. Hoping it's stable.

With 3 households combined -- us and 2 of DH's sisters -- we had water, gas stoves to cook on, and access to a generator for charging phones.

No, it can't have been kids. This was far too severe -- it had to have been carefully planned.

There were 12 stations damaged, 2 of them so bad as to be irreparable. They've brought in a mobile substation until they can replace what they can't repair.
We have water, wood stove, gas stove, and generator. Pays to be prepared.

In other news, i am getting the second coat on the studio ceiling.
20221206_154148.jpg

I don't think those gutless, spineless cowards will
step forward and claim their dirty deed.
Cappy, I bet your neck is sore from looking up so long.
mine would be.
When I was dating Annie, we started to paint the ceiling
in the pantry of her parent's house. we got as far as painting
"Ann and Jim" and it stayed that way forever. lol

I don't think those gutless, spineless cowards will
step forward and claim their dirty deed.
Cappy, I bet your neck is sore from looking up so long.
mine would be.
When I was dating Annie, we started to paint the ceiling
in the pantry of her parent's house. we got as far as painting
"Ann and Jim" and it stayed that way forever. lol
Yes, my neck IS sore. That's why it took so long for me to paint.
Got a nice surprise, hubby had painted the first coat of yellow on the walls. Except he didn't use the thick roller i bought, so now he is out there with a paint brush filling in the deep slots of the barn board on the walls.
I have been touching up places that need more white paint. It's 60° outside, and very humid. He had the door hanging open, the sweat is dripping down my face. Well, back to the grind.

Back
Top Bottom