I was once told a long time ago,:old It takes a
hundred years to make one inch of natural top soil.
:eek:

I'm doing my best to help it along in my gardens. The chickens have helped a lot in that regard. To me, their poop is as valuable as their eggs. My compost was never as good before chickens as it is now.

:eek:

I'm doing my best to help it along in my gardens. The chickens have helped a lot in that regard. To me, their poop is as valuable as their eggs. My compost was never as good before chickens as it is now.
besides the eggs, I miss the manure from the chickens.
but I don't miss it enough to get chickens again.

Had a miserable swap today, sold zero goats out of four i took. Rain, then wind. Should have atayed home.

Virginia and the Carolinas had some really lousy weather yesterday.

I sold 6 young pullets before the storm came -- had them shut in a dog crate overnight so they weren't too hard to catch (a couple escapes),

Then I sold a cockerel and 4 older pullets/almost hens (last year's spring hatches), after the storms -- with Camp Cockerel looking like a complete wreck after that storm finished off the roof tarp (which I'd already planned to replace this week).

Then we picked up scrap metal roofing from my SIL down the street with the metal trying to kite off into the wind as we loaded it.

Virginia and the Carolinas had some really lousy weather yesterday.

I sold 6 young pullets before the storm came -- had them shut in a dog crate overnight so they weren't too hard to catch (a couple escapes),

Then I sold a cockerel and 4 older pullets/almost hens (last year's spring hatches), after the storms -- with Camp Cockerel looking like a complete wreck after that storm finished off the roof tarp (which I'd already planned to replace this week).

Then we picked up scrap metal roofing from my SIL down the street with the metal trying to kite off into the wind as we loaded it.
My young male goats were chewing on a shredded tarp on the outside of one of the chicken runs! These boys are crazy!

Today was the girls turn, Windy grabbed up my empty water bottle and chewed the cap off. Then she was chewing it like gum!
I was out in the original goat pasture, cleaning up dead branches and logs and piling them in the fire pit.
20230402_173631.jpg

Back
Top Bottom