Hello BYC friends. I'm building a coop and I have installed my HWC, but only used staples from my pneumatic stapler to tack it down until I can do something more secure. I want to add screws with big washers into the 4x4s to hold the fencing more securely. Do you buy screws and big washers separately, or do these actually come as a combo? I searched a few places online for them, but I am not sure what they might be called.

Hello BYC friends. I'm building a coop and I have installed my HWC, but only used staples from my pneumatic stapler to tack it down until I can do something more secure. I want to add screws with big washers into the 4x4s to hold the fencing more securely. Do you buy screws and big washers separately, or do these actually come as a combo? I searched a few places online for them, but I am not sure what they might be called.
The big washers are fender washers

Got as far as im gonna get today. That tiller wore me out. Its all new ground with lil treasures I had to find like pipes rocks broken cement blocks and random other crap but I got pretty far all things considered. Still gonna go back over it and maybe add a row or 2 later.
Screenshot_20230420-154233_Gallery.jpg

instead of fender washers, use regular washers that the screw
head won't fit through the hole.. way less expensive.
OR
fasten wooden slats onto the 4x4's on top of the wire.
here you could use nails,,

instead of fender washers, use regular washers that the screw
head won't fit through the hole.. way less expensive.
OR
fasten wooden slats onto the 4x4's on top of the wire.
here you could use nails,,

The point of the fender washers is to spread the load when a racoon grabs the edge of the wire and pulls.

If the load is concentrated on one or two welds the wire can be torn loose but if the load is spread over multiple welds it can't be.

Im with @jvls1942 id put a wood slat over it. It's a cheap fix thats very strong and cleans up the look very nicely

We're supposed to have torrential rain tomorrow, so much for the swap i planned to go to. I need to sell 5 of these goats.
Sorry to hear, we had a shit ton of rain yesterday. Messed up my plans for the next couple of days. Need to start on my coop, finish tilling my garden and get my fruit trees planted. Also have my ducks coming next week.

Back
Top Bottom