Well the sale was a bust. I sold 3 things on Saturday, only one Sunday. Not worth the effort to go. Let alone booth rent. But I learned some things and set up my booth and took it down. At least my friend went with me.
I doubt your prices are too high. Maybe you need to get into a better "class" of show? I didn't sell didly when I went to craft shows that had dish towels with a crocheted loop on the top to hang it off your oven door. (At the show I went to that had those, I saw lots of dish towels that had cows on them. I've referred to those kinds of shows as "cow towel shows" ever since.)

At places with items priced in my price range, I did much better.

I also knew a weaver who had a show in two different towns and said he did MUCH better in Kalamazoo, compared to Grand Rapids (both in Michigan). I asked him why, since GR is a much bigger town. He said that GR was "too Dutch."

I saw a lot of that (people not willing to pay for quality hand made items) with my stuff.

I never quibble over price with someone who has made something. If I can't afford it, too bad for me. I will not ask them to lower their price.

I had to have hubby here at the cardiac unit so he could have surgery today. Last night I went to the ER about my excessively high BP. Last time I went there, the doctor didn't help at all. Sadly, this time I got the same clueless doctor. So I wasted hours and only got about 2 hours sleep. As soon as radiology gets the report here, hubby can be discharged. Then I get to spend and hour driving. Hopefully I can get home before it gets dark, because these cataracts make it harder to see at night.
Prayers for you both.
:hugs

I doubt your prices are too high. Maybe you need to get into a better "class" of show? I didn't sell didly when I went to craft shows that had dish towels with a crocheted loop on the top to hang it off your oven door. (At the show I went to that had those, I saw lots of dish towels that had cows on them. I've referred to those kinds of shows as "cow towel shows" ever since.)

At places with items priced in my price range, I did much better.

I also knew a weaver who had a show in two different towns and said he did MUCH better in Kalamazoo, compared to Grand Rapids (both in Michigan). I asked him why, since GR is a much bigger town. He said that GR was "too Dutch."

I saw a lot of that (people not willing to pay for quality hand made items) with my stuff.

I never quibble over price with someone who has made something. If I can't afford it, too bad for me. I will not ask them to lower their price.
Yeah, the price is predetermined. No dickering. My time is worth money.

Back
Top Bottom