My tractor is still at the fixit guy's house.
I feel like one of my legs has been cut off.
I use that tractor and loader very often. and sometimes I just go for a ride for no teason.
I have a cement mixer that I use for mixing compost and dirt for my raised beds.
I take the soil from the beds and toss it into the mixer in the springtime. then I dump it into the tractor bucket and pick out the weeds and roots.. it gives me a headstart on weed control for awhile..
my daughter starts plants and sells them.
I ordered 7 tomatoes,, and no more than that.. she usually brings me way more than I want.. I told her if she does that this year, I would throw them onto the compost pile.. lol, they would probably grow better there, eh ?
31F today. snow/rain mix forecasted ..
might try to burn the burn pile if it is not too wet to light it.

Because my family is a little "extra" we have decided on a castle theme for our coop. I have plans for a child's castle playhouse that I want to use for the basic structure, than modify the inside to house the hens. Other than the obvious things that I would need to keep in mind, i.e. venting, access to eggs, access to cleaning, are there any helpful hints from people that have repurposed other buildings into coops?

Make sure functionality(for both birds and keepers) trumps 'cute'.
The word playhouse leads me to wonder if it's big enough.

I agree with Aart.
a blueprint is like a recipe. you can double the ingredients if you want a larger one.
If you are going to walk inside for cleaning, make plenty of head room..
make the door wide enoug for a wheel barrow.. or make an opening/window removable to toss the litter out of..

Because my family is a little "extra" we have decided on a castle theme for our coop. I have plans for a child's castle playhouse that I want to use for the basic structure, than modify the inside to house the hens. Other than the obvious things that I would need to keep in mind, i.e. venting, access to eggs, access to cleaning, are there any helpful hints from people that have repurposed other buildings into coops?
Make one side that opens so you can shovel bedding out.

Some people reuse sheds, barns, garages and turn them into coops. I have even seen cars used!

I agree.

I would like to see a picture and some dimensions of this coop.
Which coop, the one that has an open side?
I have been crazy busy gardening! I have the original garden, the flower garden, and the new garden by the studio. Plus the big garden with forage for the goats.
20240410_150237.jpg

Original garden
20240313_175834.jpg

Goat garden ( part of it) , months ago.

Back
Top Bottom