Helpful List of Hatcheries & Breeders

Can anyone recommend an upstate NY hatchery? Specific breed barred rock and possibly silver laced Wyandotte. Sorry if someone has already posted and I missed it. Thanks.

Can anyone recommend an upstate NY hatchery? Specific breed barred rock and possibly silver laced Wyandotte. Sorry if someone has already posted and I missed it. Thanks.

Yes, there is a NY state hatchery - great reviews on their site. I haven't bought from them yet, but they look like a great place.
http://thepoultryhatchery.com/ Read their "about us" page - it's an interesting story of how they started. An inspiration to all of us chicken lovers!

They're address is:
4301 Ridge Road
Fayette, NY

(855) 824-4257

Thanks for this list! I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which hatcheries are "drop shippers" and not actual hatcheries. I didn't read through this whole thread because I spent 2 days going thru 200+ pages in the brooder thread! I'm anxious to order chicks but would feel more comfortable ordering from an actual hatchery. Btw, I'm in IL so I was looking at the ohio and Missouri hatcheries.

Thanks!!

Most all of them are droppers aside from the actual breeders here. Ideal, Stromberg ( on chickens) Murray , a and sand hill actually breed. NONE of them have the exotic stuff they list . That's all out sourced to actual breeders. Pheasants, waterfowl , wild turkeys, peafowl.... they list them at 3-5 times the actual value too. Mute swans are $500 a pair yet online they are $2500...lol
Check the history. If they are an old place, they actually produce their own birds. If they have popped up in the .com era they drop ship. Bare in mind too then term " hatchery quality" came to be for a reason. If you want nice type birds save your money and find a breeder. If you just want some birds to have around, they are perfect but

I ordered ducklings from Stromberg and they were sent from Cackle. I ordered chicks from Hoffman and they came from Ideal. They are wonderful in every way and the only birds I am totally happy with.. I ordered ducklings from McMurray and they came from Metzer.

Back
Top Bottom