Helping the Swedish Flower Hen

Hi everyone! I know I'm piggy-backing on an old thread, but wanted to add my little flock. A girl in Dover, PA was selling SFH from craigslist and I got five. She said these were 2nd generation from her Greenfire SFHs. I lost them soon after a very strange fox incident. I still don't know how that happened.

After super-fortifying my bigger coop...

I got two more SFH in June and 2 SFX crossed with Blue/splash Marans. They are the most friendly, personable chickens! I love them! I can't wait to see the eggs. I only have a retired (7 year old) silkie mutt roo and don't want any crosses from him, so I hope to get a roo from her next year! I'll have to post some pics.
you might hop on the sfh thread... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/375288/swedish-flower-hen-thread

Hi everyone! I know I'm piggy-backing on an old thread, but wanted to add my little flock. A girl in Dover, PA was selling SFH from craigslist and I got five. She said these were 2nd generation from her Greenfire SFHs. I lost them soon after a very strange fox incident. I still don't know how that happened.

I got two more SFH in June and 2 SFX crossed with Blue/splash Marans. They are the most friendly, personable chickens! I love them! I can't wait to see the eggs. I only have a retired (7 year old) silkie mutt roo and don't want any crosses from him, so I hope to get a roo from her next year! I'll have to post some pics.
Welcome to BYC and SFHs!
frow.gif
Why don't you come and join us on the Swedish Flower Hen thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/375288/swedish-flower-hen-thread/6250#post_11927514 We are always happy to have more people who love SFH.

Hello there! I am glad to see you got some in PA!! I am from central PA in Clinton County! lived in Lock Haven close to Williamsport

Hello there! I am glad to see you got some in PA!! I am from central PA in Clinton County! lived in Lock Haven close to Williamsport

for sure go over there to the swedish page I am so so busy working 3 jobs now counting all my chickens and 2 other jobs really dont have much time to be on the computer right now

Will be heading to the other thread but wanted to add my SFH

Name Mature Roosters Mature Hens (Laying)
Kim W 2 7

My older Roo & older Hens (3) are from GFF, they are just over 2 years old
My younger birds are 1 Roo & 4 Hens from 3rd generation of a NM flock. they are 8 months

I would be interested in helping. We are trying to get a flock started, but out of four batches of eggs from various parts of the country, only 12 eggs hatched, 10 were roos and one of the females died. We will be looking for more pullets at the Eastern Poultry Congress in January (Springfield, MA). I can help with translating from Swedish to English, if needed.

Back
Top Bottom