HELPPP

Tangy2134

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
Oklahoma
okay so my hen was setting on eggs and one didn't hatch. Well she kept setting in it for a bit and she left with the other chicks. Well upon examination, I realized the chick was trying to hatch out of its shell. Well, I helped it and now I tried to give it to the hen and she rejected it. Now I have it in the garage in a bucket with hay and a heat lamp over it. It's breathing and moving a little little bit. BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLZ HELP!!!!

After the chick is dry you should put it under the mother at dark. Make sure it is completely dark as sometimes they will realize what your doing.Wake up early the next morning and watch your hen carefully.If she still rejects the chick then take it away from her and put it in a brooder. I would suggest at least adding one other chick in the brood with it so it doesn't get lonely or completely attach itself to the humans(I had a chick who completely attached itself to us since it was the only one in the brood). You don't want it getting too attached as it will act like a dog with separation anxiety disorder.

After the chick is dry you should put it under the mother at dark. Make sure it is completely  dark as sometimes they will realize what your doing.Wake up early the next morning and watch your hen carefully.If she still rejects the chick then take it away from her and put it in a brooder. I would suggest at least adding one other chick in the brood with it so it doesn't get lonely or completely attach itself to the humans(I had a chick who completely attached itself to us since it was the only one in the brood). You don't want it getting too attached as it will act like a dog with separation anxiety disorder.
Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom