HELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! comb and eye injury PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know someone who might be able to help, i can try to get them here, if not, then sorry, I hope she gets better
also why is her beak red and her comb bleeding did she get attacked

Edit: i say i might not be able to get her help because I am at school right now on a school computer lol so I can't get her email or phone to contact her to see if she is a user. But she is a chicken breeder and veryknowledgable I think. Also she had something similar with a turkey poult once I think so that's why I think she might know what to do.

Again I hope your hen gets better
going to lunch in a sec then I can get on an unrestricted computer and try to help from there

It's possible that she got stung by something
No, she's not been stung.
It looks like she's been injured or beat up.

Just follow the previous advice from @azygous clean her eye and apply the ointment.
It's good the ear canal is clean. The earlobe looks like it may have been pecked, so that may be why it's swollen.
Keep your hen separated and see that she's drinking well and eating a little something.
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
You want to use a sterile saline wash for treating all wounds as plain water will cause pain as it upsets the ph balance in the injured tissue.

You can buy it where the bandaids are. Or find a recipe on the internet and make your own.

To clean an ear out, use a Q-tip with most of the cotton removed or a toothpick blunted to prevent injury when digging out any crust. The ear should be clean and empty. If you found crust in the ear, it means infection is in the ear canal and you need to stuff some antibiotic ointment in it as you do the eye.

Do the ointment twice a day, and both ear and eye should be cleaned once a day.

Back
Top Bottom