HELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! comb and eye injury PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
She had a little blood clogging her nostrils, I believe when she was attacked, while trying to get away she rammed her self into a wall, and messed up her beak. here's some pics, I'll look for mucus in her throat

Attachments

• IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2639.jpg
    IMG_2639.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2641.jpg
    IMG_2641.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 3
She's not sneezing or coughing, her nose has some dried blood in it, could that be the cause of snot?

It is hard to get most antibiotics without a vet. Some feed stores sell injectable Tylan 50 which can help if it is MG. You can get generic Tylosin powder to put in the water online, but that takes days of waiting. If she has coryza, a sulfa antibiotic would be better. We are not vets here, but that is usually the best way to get help. I would try to keep her cleaned up and nostrils clear with saline or Vetericyn spray.

It could be from the sinus or the eye. Keep it cleaned off with saline or Vetericyn. Saline is made with a quart of water and 2 teaspoons of salt, boiled then simmered to sterilize it in a saucepan. Can you try to get your family to let her see a vet?

Yes, we texted a bird expert and vet on Thursday she still has not responded, but Curious(My dear dear sick chicken) I think is showing signs of improvement. She won't except sitting in the large box we put her in, she only wants to roost on the edges. For a feed suplement I'm giving her some KickinChickin with some water and ground up chick starter, which she seems to like. Sometimes I catch her drinking a little water on own, but I am mainly just touching her head a little and she'll dink some on her own. She seems to pretty much stay the same on a day to day basis. Another thing is her eye, she opens it sometimes and it looks just like her other eye, I do not think she is blind in it, because she always is giving me quizzical looks with it. The snot has not slowed much, but is only coming out of side of the injured eye. She has not been sneezing or coughing at all sometimes she yawns though.

Back
Top Bottom