Hem Tape for Coop Curtains ?

Grey Gables

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Ohio
Hi!
I tried searching around a little but didn't see much on this topic. Has anyone used the iron hem tape (heat bond, whatever it's called) to make curtains for your coop? I've used it for other projects but was wondering if the summer heat would be an issue and cause the hem to come undone. I can do basic sewing but I don't have the patience to finish the curtains I'm currently working. I'm about 12" in on hemming and am going to lose my mind. Haha. Thanks!

Hi!
I tried searching around a little but didn't see much on this topic. Has anyone used the iron hem tape (heat bond, whatever it's called) to make curtains for your coop? I've used it for other projects but was wondering if the summer heat would be an issue and cause the hem to come undone. I can do basic sewing but I don't have the patience to finish the curtains I'm currently working. I'm about 12" in on hemming and am going to lose my mind. Haha. Thanks!
If it gets hot enough in the coop to loosen the tape, you have more important things to worry about! Like greatly increasing ventilation and air flow.

Might depend on the product whether it's made for a temporary or permanent hold.
Are you hemming by hand?
BTW curtains are unnecessary, so there's another 'out' for you. ;)
I was trying to hem by hand, yes! I'm just not cut out for it. I don't have the patience. :barnieBUT... I have my fancy taste, so I want the curtains. But yes, a good reminder that they're not necessary. 😉 Maybe I'll try the iron in tape and then add a few small stitches along the corners?

But they're SO CUTE!!!
We know the chickens couldn't care less.
I got super cute fabric. :D
IMG_7291.jpg

Back
Top Bottom