Hemp/Cannabis products safe for chickens?

Pics
I am not about to get into a debate about chicken feed. I just stated my opinion about hemp by products.
I am very happy you can feed your chickens a variety of things and suffer no bad affects. I did not notice any hemp byproducts in your list.

I am not about to get into a debate about chicken feed. I just stated my opinion about hemp by products.
I am very happy you can feed your chickens a variety of things and suffer no bad affects. I did not notice any hemp byproducts in your list.
Hemp by-products were references earlier with incidental intake of the hemp bedding material my Cornish X chickens. They had lot of it in their feces at time of harvest. I am not stated opinions, rather relating observations.

How well did your Cornish/X lay eggs ?
American Games, Speckled Sussex, and American Dominiques sustained egg production for 14 days while feces was collected. The non-nutritive bulk was biochar and/or kaolin for first and last. Speckled Sussex got only the biochar laced feed at 5%. None are production egg producers.

They're fine. Completely totally fine. Make sure you're not giving them any of the bud part of the plant which has the psychoactive materials (seriously, why waste good bud on a chicken?), but just doing harmless, dried, sugar leaves and stems.

When my chickens *have* gotten in with budding plants, they actually don't like the buds, and will eat the plain leaves, skipping the flowers. (thankfully!!!) It doesn't seem to be a favorite plant for them, kind of like how they leave tomato leaves alone -- they much prefer broccoli leaves (chicken crack!!!).

I'm in Oregon, so totally legal here too. I'm breaking more laws with how many chickens I have, than what plants I'm growing!
Actually the buds are not psychoactive until intense heat is applied to it! 😁 I feed little pieces of the bud to my goat as a "treat".

They're fine. Completely totally fine. Make sure you're not giving them any of the bud part of the plant which has the psychoactive materials (seriously, why waste good bud on a chicken?), but just doing harmless, dried, sugar leaves and stems.

When my chickens *have* gotten in with budding plants, they actually don't like the buds, and will eat the plain leaves, skipping the flowers. (thankfully!!!) It doesn't seem to be a favorite plant for them, kind of like how they leave tomato leaves alone -- they much prefer broccoli leaves (chicken crack!!!).

I'm in Oregon, so totally legal here too. I'm breaking more laws with how many chickens I have, than what plants I'm growing!
Bullshit! My chicks broke into my abv weed one day when I (the story is long but the truth is still the truth and I accidentally left the container of abv in the chicken coop) left it in there and crushed an 1/8th of abv weed (I only know because that’s what was missing).
I didn’t even know until the next morning when I went into the coop and 6 chickens were still sleeping/chilling on their roost and cooing the cutest coos!

Back
Top Bottom