Hen appears to be sick. Help!

Zinnia-Hen

Live & Let Live
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
My BR hen, who is a little less than a year old, seems to be sick. Her nostrils are spewing with boogers, her eyes look a little glossy, and her comb has about one or two tiny dark speckles on it, which look a tiny bit like dirt and I'm not sure if it is. She doesn't seem lathargic and is acting herself. What do you think she has and what can I do to help her?

Start out by by setting her up in her own pen (the chicken infirmary) to reduce the likelihood that the other chickens will catch what she has. Try giving her some vitamins and electrolytes (packets sold in farm stores. Watch how she does and start researching respiratory disease threads to see which symptoms mentioned fit her symptoms. I hope she improves.

You know what, NVM.
gig.gif
I picked her up just a moment ago and it turns out her "boogers" are just part of her nostrils, and apparently I didn't notice them before. And I suspect the black dots are scabs, mainly because she gets her comb pecked at a bunch.

We're all human! Glad to know that she is fine. I'm glad I'm not the only worried chicken mom out there.
clap.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom