Hen attacked by guinea

Popsy

Songster
13 Years
Sep 13, 2010
Raymond, CA
My sweet, docile Dark Brahma was attacked by my bully guinea yesterday. Her head is bloody and her eyes swollen shut. I have washed her head and applied Vetrycin and syringed warm water into her mouth which she drank readily. I have her in a hay filled box in my heated tack room now. What else can I do for her? She isn't eating but I think it may be because she can't see. Is there anything I could syringe into her? She seems more comfortable now and talks to me when I go see her.

I do not keep guinea fowl but if it was a chicken she would go to chicken jail for a while
Yes if I can figure out which jerk it was he is definitely going to jail. It's just that guineas are so flighty that I can't grab him in the act and by the time they go roost, I'm not sure which one it is! They all look alike!

My sweet, docile Dark Brahma was attacked by my bully guinea yesterday. Her head is bloody and her eyes swollen shut. I have washed her head and applied Vetrycin and syringed warm water into her mouth which she drank readily. I have her in a hay filled box in my heated tack room now. What else can I do for her? She isn't eating but I think it may be because she can't see. Is there anything I could syringe into her? She seems more comfortable now and talks to me when I go see her.
Sorry to hear sounds like you are doing everything right. Some others have been tagged that will be able to guide you more on feeding/tube feeding. But electrolytes in water can help along with Poultry nutri-drench can be giving in water or giving orally to help get her back on her feet and eating if she can on her own. Hoping the best for your girl.

Can you do something like spray it with water in the act then you know the wet one is the culprit. I would recommend that you ring them

Back
Top Bottom