Max234

Hatching
Jun 13, 2018
Hello. To explain my problem I have to start at the beginning and let you know this is my first time caring for chickens. I've had three chickens for a little more then a year. Two are Leghorn chickens, named Nuisance and Killer (the names are bad I know. They were the names that stuck) and one is an Australorp, named Max. Around the time the chickens grew of age and had their own coop, Killer attacked Max. She was left with a large amount of feathers missing and a big open wound on her left side. We separated Max from the other two permanently and she has had her own pen since and healed fine. After research I deduced their pen was to small for three. Lesson learned. Everything has been good since, until today. I recently got back from a two day trip and went to check on my chickens and I noticed Nuisance's back side was a bit bloody (Shes squirrely but when I got her to let me look it didn't seem to be anything big). She's also missing a patch of feathers on her back left side. Now she is in Max's pen and Killer is alone. My problem is that I want to connect these two pens and rebuild their pen to be more to their needs since I'll have more room. However, I'm afraid Killer will bully Max again because of Killers past. Is there some way i can prepare or help make sure Max and Nuisance aren't bullied if I go along with this plan. Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom