Hen badly injured

Pics
I just checked back to see how your girl was doing- both hen and your sweet daughter. I skipped to last page but it seems the original hurt hen is hanging in there and her pal here has a little infection or bruising, right? Just wanted you and your daughter to know that some people you’ve never met really do care enough about your little birds to check in and see how they’re doing. Pulling for you all! Also, seems as if you’re raising a very cool young lady. I have one too- she’s all grown out there making me proud. But I was thinking about your daughter caring for this hurt hen. We all know how time consuming and mentally taxing that can be. She deserves to be Recognized for that. This is a young girl with a good heart it seems :) good job mama :)

Hi 😀
I just got home from a long day at work and here’s an update on both hens and my 10 year old daughter; from this morning;
Rebel, (the badly injured hen) was attacked by our other hen, Heddy. But she’s actually good, she fought back. My son and daughter were able to separate both hens at the same time. Heddy did make her bleed again but my daughter quickly got the bleeding situated and I was able to clean it throughly and get antibiotics on it fast as I can.
Rewind to this evening, I came home with some cucumbers from work and both hens feasted on them. Even Rebel has been eating much more than yesterday, she’s still abit skinny but eating more. She’s actually walking around the house and making little peep sounds again. And she’s cleaning her feathers! 😀
Our other hen had some slash wounds on her head but she’s fully healed and bruised.
I do have to give my daughter a lot of recognition for doing what I tell her to do with her hen, Rebel. Especially while I’m gone. Since she was 3 years old, she always wanted to be a doctor or a veterinarian. And now look at her, she’s going to be an amazing veterinarian when she gets older.

Thank you for checking up on us! 😀😀😀

6B3ED002-F53A-44E1-B421-968CC58F1DD0.jpeg
Here’s an update;
She’s eating, drinking and demanding to go outside so here are the besties out in the yard together. And she’s hand feeding her some fresh cantaloupe and cucumber seeds.
I still keep her wounds moistened with ointment everyday. She has no smell now. Her eyes are doing good and opening.
Our other hen is also great, as well.

View attachment 2028597 Here’s an update;
She’s eating, drinking and demanding to go outside so here are the besties out in the yard together. And she’s hand feeding her some fresh cantaloupe and cucumber seeds.
I still keep her wounds moistened with ointment everyday. She has no smell now. Her eyes are doing good and opening.
Our other hen is also great, as well.
Wonderful!
I'm glad that she is doing so much better!
Isn't that just a sweet photo! Good job on both your parts for taking care of her and not giving up.
Thank you for the update, I look forward to more:)

Wonderful!
I'm glad that she is doing so much better!
Isn't that just a sweet photo! Good job on both your parts for taking care of her and not giving up.
Thank you for the update, I look forward to more:)

She’s doing great. She demanded to go outside and down to the ground where she can be on the dirt.

Hi 😀
I just got home from a long day at work and here’s an update on both hens and my 10 year old daughter; from this morning;
Rebel, (the badly injured hen) was attacked by our other hen, Heddy. But she’s actually good, she fought back. My son and daughter were able to separate both hens at the same time. Heddy did make her bleed again but my daughter quickly got the bleeding situated and I was able to clean it throughly and get antibiotics on it fast as I can.
Rewind to this evening, I came home with some cucumbers from work and both hens feasted on them. Even Rebel has been eating much more than yesterday, she’s still abit skinny but eating more. She’s actually walking around the house and making little peep sounds again. And she’s cleaning her feathers! 😀
Our other hen had some slash wounds on her head but she’s fully healed and bruised.
I do have to give my daughter a lot of recognition for doing what I tell her to do with her hen, Rebel. Especially while I’m gone. Since she was 3 years old, she always wanted to be a doctor or a veterinarian. And now look at her, she’s going to be an amazing veterinarian when she gets older.

Thank you for checking up on us! 😀😀😀
Oh. My. Goodness. You have made my day. What an amazing child. It is such a highlight in life when you can watch a child fall so naturally into their Calling.
I’m so relieved those hens are well. It isn’t always an easy feat to nurse a chicken back to health... to that end, look at your sweet girl do her thing!!!
Last, speaking of recognition, Yes, that sweet baby of yours is deserving of a million pats on the back- hell, birds are my thing- especially chickens- so if I could, I throw a parade for the sweet little child! But there is also someone equally as deserving of recognition- clearly that’s you. You are responsible for raising a child with a heart like this. You facilitate her being able to do this. So, today, stop for a moment, look at that child caring for that helpless, injured bird. Really let that picture in your heart. Now, put aside your humility... YOU did THAT. This is part of YOUR contribution to this life.
How does THAT feel? Humbling, isn’t it? I may not know you. It is highly unlikely we’ll ever meet, nonetheless, I’m incredibly proud of you and that girl of yours. This story has brightened my day. How cool is all that?

Oh. My. Goodness. You have made my day. What an amazing child. It is such a highlight in life when you can watch a child fall so naturally into their Calling.
I’m so relieved those hens are well. It isn’t always an easy feat to nurse a chicken back to health... to that end, look at your sweet girl do her thing!!!
Last, speaking of recognition, Yes, that sweet baby of yours is deserving of a million pats on the back- hell, birds are my thing- especially chickens- so if I could, I throw a parade for the sweet little child! But there is also someone equally as deserving of recognition- clearly that’s you. You are responsible for raising a child with a heart like this. You facilitate her being able to do this. So, today, stop for a moment, look at that child caring for that helpless, injured bird. Really let that picture in your heart. Now, put aside your humility... YOU did THAT. This is part of YOUR contribution to this life.
How does THAT feel? Humbling, isn’t it? I may not know you. It is highly unlikely we’ll ever meet, nonetheless, I’m incredibly proud of you and that girl of yours. This story has brightened my day. How cool is all that?

Awww 🥰 Thank you!
It was just alittle over week ago that I was holding on to Rebel and crying cause I thought she was dying. But she’s recovering and showing us that can still fly (which she did today when we took her out to get some fresh air! 😀) and be crazy ol’ Rebel with Makayla (my daughter)

Back
Top Bottom