Hen badly injured

Here’s an update!

Sorry it took me so long to post one. There’s a lot going on!

How is everyone doing btw??? Anybody need to talk, I’m here and I’ve got time!

So since the last update... We got 7 chickadees and a turkey, as well.
I am so obsessed with our baby turkey! He/she is sooooo so so cute! He waddles up from my lap and cuddles into my neck and hair when I bring them out to the living room for their 10 minute exercise! ❤

Back to Rebel 😀
She’s much much better! She literally has no more scrab so now we are waiting for her skin to regenerate over the remaining scrab that’s left. She is really back to herself! 😄 Back in the yard and taking dirt baths! Scratching like crazy and throws a fit when we bring her in so the puppies can get out 😂
Although, I do wonder if her comb will go back to standing up?!.. It keeps growing bigger, bigger.. Her whole face gets red when she’s hot. It scares me abit when her face does that. Is there anything I can do to help her cool down?

Here are some pictures of her injury now.

Well my friends, that’s the Rebel update! She’s better and we all say HI 👋🏼
:woot Wonderful update!

I'm so glad to hear that Rebel is doing so well. She's looking good!
Her comb may never stand up, time will tell. I don't remember how old she is now, has she begun to lay eggs yet?

A Turkey! LOL That sounds like fun.
Sounds like everything is going pretty good for you. I hope you and your children, your animals too all stay safe and healthy through all this.

:woot Wonderful update!

I'm so glad to hear that Rebel is doing so well. She's looking good!
Her comb may never stand up, time will tell. I don't remember how old she is now, has she begun to lay eggs yet?

A Turkey! LOL That sounds like fun.
Sounds like everything is going pretty good for you. I hope you and your children, your animals too all stay safe and healthy through all this.

Rebel is a little over a year old now.
She started laying eggs when she was about 9-10 months when we got her.
Her poor comb. It’s getting so big. Her face gets red when she gets hot.
How can I cool her down?
We have tons of shade in our yard for them to hang out but I’ve been bringing her inside.

Jimmy (my husband named it) is super fun.
All the chickadees are so fun to handle. Took them out for some sunshine and to learn to scratch yesterday. They run so fast when it came to going back in the bin. 😂

Here’s a picture of Jimmy in my sweatshirt pocket. Fluffy butt 🥰

Attachments

• 700CBF9A-E3BB-42A1-88F6-DD09BD69798E.jpeg
    700CBF9A-E3BB-42A1-88F6-DD09BD69798E.jpeg
    520.1 KB · Views: 13
Rebel is a little over a year old now.
She started laying eggs when she was about 9-10 months when we got her.
Her poor comb. It’s getting so big. Her face gets red when she gets hot.
How can I cool her down?
We have tons of shade in our yard for them to hang out but I’ve been bringing her inside.

Jimmy (my husband named it) is super fun.
All the chickadees are so fun to handle. Took them out for some sunshine and to learn to scratch yesterday. They run so fast when it came to going back in the bin. 😂
Is she panting when red comb turns redder? Or maybe it's getting redder right before she lays an egg?

Everyone!
I know it’s been awhile but I have a new update on my Rebel girl 😀
Her feathers are growing back!
Her comb is still messed up and actually getting bigger.
I wish there was a way to help her see better on that side but.. I’m happy she’s alive and feathers are growing back!

Attachments

• E8D6772F-296E-42BE-9640-C91B74B86CD9.jpeg
    E8D6772F-296E-42BE-9640-C91B74B86CD9.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 12
Everyone!
I know it’s been awhile but I have a new update on my Rebel girl 😀
Her feathers are growing back!
Her comb is still messed up and actually getting bigger.
I wish there was a way to help her see better on that side but.. I’m happy she’s alive and feathers are growing back!
Glad to hear she's still doing good!
I can't see her comb, is it covering her eye completely?

There are ways to dull the pain of dubbing. The comb heals very quickly. You just need to be ready with a means to stop the bleeding as it can go on for a long time after the operation. I dubbed a hen's comb when the long tail at the back was constantly getting torn from her scalp by the other chickens. It solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom