Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Contestant has not entered

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A7E9CCED-7AE7-4A1E-B2B7-DD220047F637.jpeg

1BB984C5-5B67-46E6-B8BF-12E44BDDF0AC.jpeg

Opal the opulent EE

It’s not a debate. It is fact. And one I strongly share with people who are unaware. Ameraucanas and EEs are not the same. Sadly hatcheries, dishonest breeders, and feed stores have confused people by calling their EEs “Ameraucanas,” Americana,” “Ameracauna,” etc....
I was always under the impression that an EE was a AURACANA (sorry may have spelt that wrong) and that amerauanas and auracanas are 2 different breeds being one lays the blue egg (EE) and one doesn’t

I was always under the impression that an EE was a AURACANA (sorry may have spelt that wrong) and that amerauanas and auracanas are 2 different breeds being one lays the blue egg (EE) and one doesn’t
No, Araucanas and Ameraucanas are both APA recognized breed. Both lay blue eggs. An EE Isn’t. An Easter Egger is a mixed breed often sold under the name “Ameraucana,” “Ameracauna,” “Americana,” etc.... EEs can lay blue, green, brown, tan, and any color as they are mixes.

No, Araucanas and Ameraucanas are both APA recognized breed. Both lay blue eggs. An EE Isn’t. An Easter Egger is a mixed breed often sold under the name “Ameraucana,” “Ameracauna,” “Americana,” etc.... EEs can lay blue, green, brown, tan, and any color as they are mixes.
wait @Poultry mum is in Australia i think
do Araucanas also lay blue eggs in Australia?

Back
Top Bottom