Hen crowing please advise! NEW PICS ADDED Please have a look

Thank you thank you! So if I get 2 hens they would all get along? I want to keep them, really love them both!
love.gif

Honestly, one will be dominant and the other will be the "underdog"... and they may fight. Also, two hens is way too few for even ONE roo. 10-12 is a better number of hens per roo...

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Honestly, one will be dominant and the other will be the "underdog"... and they may fight. Also, two hens is way too few for even ONE roo. 10-12 is a better number of hens per roo...

That's a problem! I have a 8x10 run with a coop inside. Would they be happier if I got rid of one then got a few hens? Also, the hens should be bantams correct? Or does that matter? Thanks!​

buff cochran and roo

the other that those say is a d'uccle i dont see a beard nor hocks on him so he could be a booted bantam instead or d'anver ( i have never seen a d'anver though) he does appear to be a milli fluer coloring

this is my blue boy the self blue d'uccle does the one in the 2nd pic have his features and if not what is yours missing that mine has?

103640_2.jpg
103640_4.jpg

103640_6.jpg

I think if they get along great now, then 4-5 hens should be plenty for bantams. If you separate the roos then they will start fighting. Bantam hens would be best if you want to hatch, but regular hens would be fine, too.

Quote:
Yes, he defienetly has a beard and at his cheeks, the feathers stick out almost like a mask. He sure looks a lot like yours, just a different color! The whole time I though he was a Cochin rooster and that's why he looked different than my "hen" who will now be named, CHAZ
lau.gif

Quote:
Yes, he defienetly has a beard and at his cheeks, the feathers stick out almost like a mask. He sure looks a lot like yours, just a different color! The whole time I though he was a Cochin rooster and that's why he looked different than my "hen" who will now be named, CHAZ
lau.gif

pic is quit small so i couldnt tell for sure but if he looks just like mine then you have a milli fluer d'uccle
big_smile.png

Roosters on both!!!
Keep them both-get them each 2-3 hens and seperate them into two groups. If you cannot..keep both roos and add 10-12 hens for a total group...

Back
Top Bottom