Hen crowing?

JoAnnD

Chirping
Apr 19, 2020
Our Polish that we believed to be a hen because if her very smooth fluffy top feathers, but always been thrown off by the red wattles, has just made what sounded to be a crow. They are 8-9 weeks old. Is this possible or is she a he?

Attachments

• 20200706_200313.jpg
    20200706_200313.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200706_200309.jpg
    20200706_200309.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 21
Our Polish that we believed to be a hen because if her very smooth fluffy top feathers, but always been thrown off by the red wattles, has just made what sounded to be a crow. They are 8-9 weeks old. Is this possible or is she a he?
Don't know much about silkies, but do know it's possible for a hen to crow. Do you have any other roos? Are they crowing? The probability of a hen crowing is increased with no roos around, it isn't likely to happen otherwise

I would say cockerel for sure, but Polish confuses me. I'm still pretty sure it's a cockerel.
Don't know much about silkies, but do know it's possible for a hen to crow. Do you have any other roos? Are they crowing? The probability of a hen crowing is increased with no roos around, it isn't likely to happen otherwise
Even if there were no cockerels, if it was a crow, I would be thinking cockerel.
It's very rare for hens to crow, and it usually seems to be at an older age than this, once the pecking order is properly established.
And with the red wattles.....

Thsi is my Polish that is about 8 or 9 weeks old. My silkies are about 3 1/2 months and haven't start crowing at all.

And as far as I know, I have no roosters. I only have 4 chickens and this is the first one to try and crow.

Back
Top Bottom