hen drink alot of water + watery poop

soufiane

Chirping
Nov 30, 2020
hello am new to chicken and this is my first time raising chickens. i have a 5 month hen that just started laying eggs this week. she lays an egg everyday which is good. but i noticed she is driniking a lot of water . its not too hot or anything. i observed here movements she looks fine she eats she run and she is happy when am aound. but i noticed when she goes to the waterer she just keeps drinking for a sold 2 minutes non stop . and her poops are watery like in the photo. i looked in the poop chart and it said that it might have Infectious bronchitis. here eggs are good and healthy .so is it normal for a laying hen to drink alot of water for the eggs production or something ?
watery-poop.jpeg

Can you feel of her crop now and again in the morning before she eats to see if her crop is empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy?

hello am new to chicken and this is my first time raising chickens. i have a 5 month hen that just started laying eggs this week. she lays an egg everyday which is good. but i noticed she is driniking a lot of water . its not too hot or anything. i observed here movements she looks fine she eats she run and she is happy when am aound. but i noticed when she goes to the waterer she just keeps drinking for a sold 2 minutes non stop . and her poops are watery like in the photo. i looked in the poop chart and it said that it might have Infectious bronchitis. here eggs are good and healthy .so is it normal for a laying hen to drink alot of water for the eggs production or something ?View attachment 2565066
I have a similar issue my hen is lethargic fluffed up.not wanting to move a lot she Agee and wouldn’t stop drinking water I gave her apple cider vinegar get as a natural anti fungus I think my chicken has sour crop but her breath isn’t stinky I could be a fluke with your hen but can you reply with the poop chart you’re using? at my hen is all clear and runny

i just posted as well. My 6mo hens have poops like this off an on for weeks. But they more often have solid poop. They are otherwise doing very well, laying. don't think losing weight. I'm wondering if this is just sometimes normal?

Back
Top Bottom