Hen Entertainment Ideas

Minnie417

Chirping
Aug 24, 2019
Hi. Was wondering if this old tree stump is safe to put into run of coop for chickens to sit/stand on. Also, any fun ideas to entertain our Hens are appreciated! I built a ladder type thing out of 2x4s. But looking for more ideas. We usually let them free roam every day for a little bit but some days aren’t able to. B5A22B70-CF6E-4C7E-8B03-AD1752A2201F.jpeg

Yes, the stump is safe to put in there and they'll probably sit on it or stand on it.

I saw someone who put cabbage in a plant holder that was made of metal and they hung it off of a tree branch. Their chickens peck at it all day long

I made somewhat of a teepee out of branches and the chickens love hanging out in it during the day

I have a “tree” made from 2x4s attached by shelf brackets to a 4x4 center post buried about 6 inches in the ground and attached to a support beam at the top of the run. My chickens love hopping up the arms and hanging out when in their run.
205EC7C7-1018-4039-A936-0611F85F56CC.png

I use stumps, larger rock, Roosts and a mirror for Chicks to entertain themselves. I have a swing too. I toss scratch grains in my Coop and they scratch around in the shavings finding every morsel. My Run is sand so they dust bath and dig big holes..

I have a “tree” made from 2x4s attached by shelf brackets to a 4x4 center post buried about 6 inches in the ground and attached to a support beam at the top of the run. My chickens love hopping up the arms and hanging out when in their run. View attachment 1926175
Those feeder extensions are pretty cool.

Those feeder extensions are pretty cool.
Thanks aart. We enjoy camping and are usually gone for up to a week at a time. The feeders and five gallon water boxes allow me to just bribe a neighbor or daughter to collect the eggs and not be worried about running out while we’re gone.

Back
Top Bottom