Hen has what it looks like intestine hanging out of her vent. HELP!

I really, really hope it does not come to that too, but it sounds like it is getting better?
Really give her a chance, wounds that look awful can heal v. well.

Is she in a lot of pain?

Yes photos would be great.

I really, really hope it does not come to that too, but it sounds like it is getting better?
Really give her a chance, wounds that look awful can heal v. well.

Is she in a lot of pain?

Yes photos would be great.
We’ve been giving her some antibiotics to help with infection. We’ve also kept her in a low light small cage in our garage to minute movement but when we let her out she poops fine, drink, and eats. We brought her inside and she was walking around fine and jumping on our chairs😂. I think the a ritmad be helping with that but she isn’t laying around being lazy or drowsy.

We’ve been giving her some antibiotics to help with infection. We’ve also kept her in a low light small cage in our garage to minute movement but when we let her out she poops fine, drink, and eats. We brought her inside and she was walking around fine and jumping on our chairs😂. I think the antibiotics are helping with that but she isn’t laying around being lazy or drowsy.

That's great, really encouraging news, I think she might pull through.
Did she lose a lot of blood?
I'll keep an eye out and try to help out whenever you can post photos.

I think it might be beneficial for her to have access to food and water in the cage.

Also guys apparently her intestine just pushed out of her skin. :( poor baby but we took her to the vet and said that it happens in humans as well. She has a fifty fifty chance of living but I’m rooting for her. We have more meds and the vet said the exposed part could scar up and she would be fine. But we want to make sure it doesn’t push out another area.

Also guys apparently her intestine just pushed out of her skin. :( poor baby but we took her to the vet and said that it happens in humans as well. She has a fifty fifty chance of living but I’m rooting for her. We have more meds and the vet said the exposed part could scar up and she would be fine. But we want to make sure it doesn’t push out another area.

Attachments

• E40D3345-342E-4575-8146-B2DCDA26B540.png
    E40D3345-342E-4575-8146-B2DCDA26B540.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
  • ECE0EDB7-C206-4431-B374-DC22A7E49581.jpeg
    ECE0EDB7-C206-4431-B374-DC22A7E49581.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 26
  • B9668A8D-96CF-4B76-BE54-73566A43DE92.jpeg
    B9668A8D-96CF-4B76-BE54-73566A43DE92.jpeg
    608.6 KB · Views: 23

You know, that is really not as bad as I thought it was and it could have been.

I'm glad you have a good vet in the area, mine just prescribes antibiotics no matter WHAT is wrong with them. Farmers around here just kill sick chicks you see.

Fingers crossed, I'll root for her too...

Keep us updated!

You know, that is really not as bad as I thought it was and it could have been.

I'm glad you have a good vet in the area, mine just prescribes antibiotics no matter WHAT is wrong with them. Farmers around here just kill sick chicks you see.

Fingers crossed, I'll root for her too...

Keep us updated!
I’m just glad we treated it like a prolapsed and pushed it back in before it hardened.

Back
Top Bottom