Hen is at the end of her short live

misty and me

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 5, 2014
5 month old golden laced wyandote is dying . 2 weeks ago she was hanging her tail feathers I brought her to our house fed her critical care. she is a bone . 1 of 10 hens. now she is paralyzed and dying her will to want to eat is unbearable. What possibly could have taken over her body. I did worm her but was it too late. all the other birds are healthy it just super frustrating. I even started her on an antibiotic but maybe too late. just sad to watch

5 month old golden laced wyandote is dying . 2 weeks ago she was hanging her tail feathers I brought her to our house fed her critical care. she is a bone . 1 of 10 hens. now she is paralyzed and dying her will to want to eat is unbearable. What possibly could have taken over her body. I did worm her but was it too late. all the other birds are healthy it just super frustrating. I even started her on an antibiotic but maybe too late. just sad to watch

If she is that far gone, you should euthanize her.
To know for certain what is wrong, you would have to send her refrigerated body for necropsy. Or if you are up to it, do an informal one yourself and post pictures here.
Sorry you are loosing your pullet. :hugs

oI am so sorry. It really could be anything. Paralysis does make Marek’s come to mind. You could put her down, but if you want to try to save her, warmth is key. If she will drink on her own, I would put poultry vitamins in her water. You can also offer her egg, with scrambled or syringe feed VERY CAREFULLY raw egg mixed with water. Has she gone downhill over the past two weeks? Sadly, it may be her time. I’m sorry. Please let us know your intentions so we can best help you.

Back
Top Bottom