Hen is docile, comb droopy and squishy crop, UPDATE: Not doing well!

Quote:
Whoops, I already made it...
hide.gif

Hi. I'm reading your post because I'm having similar issues with my hen, but I think that it's crop impaction. She was docile and droopy Monday and I know she hadn't eaten very much through Tuesday. Her crop was swollen Wednesday so I've been following the advice for olive oil and massage. Today, her crop is smaller, but she's still docile and droopy-combed. She laid a very, very tiny empty egg this morning which has been making me wonder if she wasn't egg bound. However, she's still in the same weak condition by this evening.
I've posted the forum topic "Crop impaction and trying to give olive oil." Maybe read through and see if any of that sounds like your hen too? Maybe we can compare notes?
:}

How are the sick girls today? I see Casa de Chickas has joined in about her sick chicken. Mine still has the pale floppy comb but still active and laying. Curious to see how yours do

Quote:
Daisy isn't doing well. My grandma thinks she isn't going to make it.
sad.png
Yesterday, she ate the food and seemed to be doing better, but right after she ate it, she didn't poop, but it seemed like a ton of water came out. I still have no idea what could be wrong with her. I don't want to loose my Daisy May! Does anyone know what else I can do for her? We have her separated in a different cage, but I still don't know what to do.

Quote:
The first time she pood it was normal... After she ate her yougurty egg oatmeal honey and apple mixture, she pooed clear liquid and that only. Today after I fed her some bread, she pooed clear liquid again... I don't know what happened. I think it's linked to why her crop is squishy and feels inflated.

She's eating and drinking, but refused to eat the mixture this morning. It seems like the only thing she poos is clear liquid!

Back
Top Bottom