Hen is sluggish, barely eating and pooping green liquid

Since she is new to your flock, she could possibly have coccidiosis, but other problems may be likely that are causing her not to eat. Dark green poops usually are due to not eating much. If she has been with your other birds, she could possibly have been kept from food and water. Feel of her crop in her right upper chest to see if it is empty, full, hard, doughy, or puffy like a balloon. Also feel of her lower belly between the legs to feel if it is enlarged compared to others. Has she laid eggs recently?

If you have poultry NutriDrench, offer a few drops up to 2 ml daily. Other electrolytes can be used. Mix a little chicken feed with water to make it wet, and add some cooked egg and offer it.

Since she is new to your flock, she could possibly have coccidiosis, but other problems may be likely that are causing her not to eat. Dark green poops usually are due to not eating much. If she has been with your other birds, she could possibly have been kept from food and water. Feel of her crop in her right upper chest to see if it is empty, full, hard, doughy, or puffy like a balloon. Also feel of her lower belly between the legs to feel if it is enlarged compared to others. Has she laid eggs recently?

If you have poultry NutriDrench, offer a few drops up to 2 ml daily. Other electrolytes can be used. Mix a little chicken feed with water to make it wet, and add some cooked egg and offer it.

Thank you for your advice. I have been administering nutridrench for two days now. Her crop has been completely empty and stomach appears normal and not egg bound. Tonight i gave her pedia light and yogurt mixed with natural honey by eye dropper since she wont eat on her own. I can finally feel her crop and its soft from the liquid. She has not layed an egg for a few days. Her food is watered down with water buy i may use pedialight in the morning. I have offered scrambeled eggs as well. Unless i feed her she seems not to want to eat. Hoping that by morning, after the pedia light and yogurt, she may feel better.

Back
Top Bottom