Hen is weak

Jan 3, 2020
Hi! I have a friend who says her hen can’t stand/ walk and when she try’s to she can’t balance and flaps her wings.

she is four years old and in a molt so she’s not laying any eggs.

she says that she doesn’t have bumblefoot and nothing seems to be broken does anyone know what It could be she really doesn’t want to lose her

Hi! I have a friend who says her hen can’t stand/ walk and when she try’s to she can’t balance and flaps her wings.

she is four years old and in a molt so she’s not laying any eggs.
Sorry about your friend’s hen. This year I had a hen respond poorly to a hard winter molt. I think she got hypothermic and stopped eating and drinking completely. She lived inside the house for warmth and tube feeding for two weeks, but seemed to fully recover.

The hen in question might have a similar issue. Do you know how bad the molt is? Can your friend bring her inside for warmth and special care? In order, she probably needs warmth, fluids and nutrition. I find often my birds in molt go off feed.

Sorry about your friend’s hen. This year I had a hen respond poorly to a hard winter molt. I think she got hypothermic and stopped eating and drinking completely. She lived inside the house for warmth and tube feeding for two weeks, but seemed to fully recover.

The hen in question might have a similar issue. Do you know how bad the molt is? Can your friend bring her inside for warmth and special care? In order, she probably needs warmth, fluids and nutrition. I find often my birds in molt go off feed.
She actually looks pretty good, she doesn’t even look like she molted, and she says she does bring her in and she feeds her with a syringe

Back
Top Bottom