Hen Laid Really Strange Object (graphic Pics)

I was just talking to my mom, and she thinks that your hen could have been egg bound and the egg may have started to rot inside of her, then she just passed it. When was the last time she laid an egg?

I'll stay here to find out also.......... I think im sick now
sickbyc.gif

EDIT:

Ok I have an upset stomach already! you should've put a warning line like "BEWARE! don't click here if you have a weak stomach" or something like that
sad.png

I hope you really find out what that thing is and your hen is ok
smile.png
good luck with everything
wink.png

Last edited:
She had not laid an egg in over a month but had been really traumatized from a pecking incident that left her entire backside both featherless and skinless...I didn't really expect her to start laying anytime soon because of the incident as she is not fully healed yet and still lives on her own...She is outside at this point but is still rather pampered for a chicken...I think that the rotting egg could be very likely but would it have the traditional chicken smell if it was a rotting egg? Would it have a stronger odor of a different type?

Poor bird! It may also be flesh from her injuries that kept backing up. Stress kept her from laying and she became egg bound because she still had a laying cycle going on, just didn't make it out. That's my theory if it smelled like meat. I hope she gets better and this issue is straightened out now.

pop.gif

(maybe on second thought, I don't want the popcorn after all. eww)

ooo, I know! What happened is, your chicken is evolving and that is her first attempt at a live birth. The chickens all talked it over and decided that they don't appreciate us eating their eggs, so they voted and decided to have chicken puppies instead. Hmm, wonder what chicken puppy breath smells like?

I will tell you my opinion.
It looks exactly like an eggroll, you can clearly see the layers of rolled dough around meat and veg. in the photo.
My guess is that it came from the trash or a litterbug and your bird picked it up to try and eat it, and could not so it was left for you to find. It does not look like an ovary.
If you have ever processed a hen you would know that there is nothing like this inside a chicken.
I would say that your bird is fine and there is no reason to be worried except to say make sure they cannot get into your trash and that people are not trying to feed your birds anymore frozen eggrolls.
Good Luck

ive never seen or heard of anything so strange! i hope your hen is ok. but my god thats fascinating. that christmas alien egg link looks just like yours... there must be more info on the web somewhere about this. it does look like an egg roll... but idont think its one. at least one i would eat. it doesnt look like any egg or spring roll i've ever had
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
This was very interesting and fairly similar except our didn't look near as much like an egg as this one did...It still did not explain exactly what the object was or why it occurred!

Regarding the object actually being an egg roll it is impossible as the chicken is contained into a small area that it cannot get out of as it is still healing the rest of the way from its injuries....The is no way that an egg roll could have gotten into the pen and an egg roll would not have the distinct smell of thawing chicken!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom