Hen Laying Song But NO Eggs

I have a blue splash maran that screeches for hours, goes in and out of the coop, where the nest boxes are, numerous times, does the egg laying song a number of times BEFORE she lays.This goes on for hours. I actually have to lock her in the coop, then she finally lays and shuts up. She's just started laying, and I'm wondering, if I have to go through this every time she lays, or will it subside. My neighbors are going to kill me.

She's just started laying, and I'm wondering, if I have to go through this every time she lays, or will it subside. My neighbors are going to kill me.
Hopefully she will settle into the process soon, it can take up to a month or so for things to smooth out....or she may just always be a screamer.
Better take your neighbors some eggs, if you think that might help.

My light brahma has been in a state this morning, screeching and pacing around. She just hopped on top of the coop and keeps singing the egg song. No egg yet, but we do keep checking because her behavior this morning is different. She has always been loud and now she's really loud. I'm glad all my neighbors are at work. :duc

Back
Top Bottom