Hen limping - no reason

I think Dawg53 is correct. That is what my intuition was telling me, and then they wrote about a ligament or tendon issues potentially being the cause. I would look into that first.
She’s the boy’s favorite and they CONSTANTLY chase her , so maybe she injured herself from that

They shouldn't be chasing her, that stresses chickens out. When my hen injured her leg I had her in an enclosure in the run during the day for two months, let her out at the end of the day to mingle with the general population before bed.

I had a hen that had a bad limp she would limp and then just lay down. I put her in a cage and fed her a vitamin B complex crushed on scrambled egg plus her feed every day for 7 or 8 days after she could walk but still limped kept giving her the B complex every other day now I give her 1/2 tab of B complex every other day, I stopped giving her any after a month acouple of days later she was limping again so I started it up again, it has been 2 months and now she isn't limping at all, but we still call her Limpy

Back
Top Bottom