Hen limping - no reason

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
No bumblefoot, no swollen pad, no redness, no spots, no leg mites, nothing. She’s just limping quite bad. Possibly a sprain? Been limping for about 3 weeks but it’s gotten worse

No bumblefoot, no swollen pad, no redness, no spots, no leg mites, nothing. She’s just limping quite bad. Possibly a sprain? Been limping for about 3 weeks but it’s gotten worse
Can you put her in a dog crate with food and water in the coop for a couple days?

That is so odd. Any other symptoms you are seeing? Does she seem completely normal except for the limping? There isn't any break or bruising that is being covered by the feathers, is there?

No, I have checked everything she’s limping quite bad I’m not sure what to do
That is so odd. Any other symptoms you are seeing? Does she seem completely normal except for the limping? There isn't any break or bruising that is being covered by the feathers, is there?

@Eggcessive , do you mind looking in at this? It's a leg injury that caging for a time hasn't helped, but there is no visible sign of any trauma. I would advise maybe a pain medication that is anti-inflammatory, but I am not sure if the injury could just continue or worsen.

@Eggcessive , do you mind looking in at this? It's a leg injury that caging for a time hasn't helped, but there is no visible sign of any trauma. I would advise maybe a pain medication that is anti-inflammatory, but I am not sure if the injury could just continue or worsen.
The hen is also only 1 year old, she’s an Easter egger. She’s the boys favorite and I’m wondering could she be limping from them chasing her or something I don’t know atp.

The hen is also only 1 year old, she’s an Easter egger. She’s the boys favorite and I’m wondering could she be limping from them chasing her or something I don’t know atp.
I would still think that rest would have helped it, though. Her leg doesn't look any different from the other, is that right?

How old are the boys? Possibly a chasing injury? Arthritis either congenital or secondary to infection?

Back
Top Bottom