Advice on injured leg?

Freya1706

Chirping
Jul 3, 2019
Hi all, was just looking for advice on my skyline Dippy. At the end of last week I noticed she was limping and I’ve been keeping an eye on her but I can’t figure out what’s caused it.

She’s quite a heavy girl and I just know for a fact she’s got what I suspect to be bumblefoot on the foot that has her ring tag on (will post pics) she doesn’t seem bothered by it but I am looking into getting it checked.

BUT - all of a sudden she’s gotten red on the back of her other foot and her leg has all these marks which looks like bruising? She’s putting weight on it still but she’s clearly limping and has definitely slowed down due to it.

So far I’ve been giving her warm water salt baths for her feet which she loves, I’ve also tried adding a bit of antiseptic cream as well as giving her a small dose of anti inflammatory medication which I’m not sure has been helping.

Has anyone had similar? I can’t tell if she’s getting bumblefoot in this leg too, if it’s an infection or if she’s just hurt it somehow. She could just be getting old as she is 6 this year but I’m worried for her.

Still loves her food and gets on with her daily routine but is definitely taking it easy at the moment.

IMG_6439.jpeg
IMG_6440.jpeg
IMG_6443.jpeg
IMG_6445.jpeg
IMG_6444.jpeg
IMG_6446.jpeg

Hi all, was just looking for advice on my skyline Dippy. At the end of last week I noticed she was limping and I’ve been keeping an eye on her but I can’t figure out what’s caused it.

She’s quite a heavy girl and I just know for a fact she’s got what I suspect to be bumblefoot on the foot that has her ring tag on (will post pics) she doesn’t seem bothered by it but I am looking into getting it checked.

BUT - all of a sudden she’s gotten red on the back of her other foot and her leg has all these marks which looks like bruising? She’s putting weight on it still but she’s clearly limping and has definitely slowed down due to it.

So far I’ve been giving her warm water salt baths for her feet which she loves, I’ve also tried adding a bit of antiseptic cream as well as giving her a small dose of anti inflammatory medication which I’m not sure has been helping.

Has anyone had similar? I can’t tell if she’s getting bumblefoot in this leg too, if it’s an infection or if she’s just hurt it somehow. She could just be getting old as she is 6 this year but I’m worried for her.

Still loves her food and gets on with her daily routine but is definitely taking it easy at the moment.

View attachment 3759809View attachment 3759810View attachment 3759811View attachment 3759812View attachment 3759814View attachment 3759815
Are you able to take a picture, or two of the whole bird?

@AidKD @Tookie @Chicken poppy @Wyorp Rock
I have the same issue almost and have no clue what is going on! ⬆️ hopefully they know more than I do!
So do i, with my rooster. I wish i could give advice, but i’m still figuring out mine. A vet checked him over, he had good reflexes, and wanted to walk. I’m giving him vitamin complex tablets (1/4 daily) as suggested. I’m keeping him separated in a crate to aid healing.

Again, that’s what i’m doing for mine. Could be an entirely different situation though.

So do i, with my rooster. I wish i could give advice, but i’m still figuring out mine. A vet checked him over, he had good reflexes, and wanted to walk. I’m giving him vitamin complex tablets (1/4 daily) as suggested. I’m keeping him separated in a crate to aid healing.

Again, that’s what i’m doing for mine. Could be an entirely different situation though.
I was doing the same thing but he was not happy in the cage and wasn’t getting better so I let him out. Most of the hens were his, but only a few stayed with him, and I keep checking hiM and epsom salt baths.

Back
Top Bottom