Hen looks poorly

Jaxmayhem

Chirping
Oct 6, 2023
Hello,
I have had my 3 hens for just over 5 days. We transported them and their own coop 10k, and they have been fine until today. 1 of them is acting sleepy and although she came out of the coop this morning looking fine, and she did eat the, this afternoon she is looking like she is going to fall asleep all the time.

Could it have been caused by the move, and should I be worried at this stage?
What would you suggest I give her to help?

Thankyou

Attachments

• 20231005_133757.jpg
    20231005_133757.jpg
    759.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 20231001_141121.jpg
    20231001_141121.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 8
How old are your hens?

Did you already deworm them and inspect them and their coop for poultry mites?

Check her crop also: it should be flat and empty in the morning and nicely filled at roosting time.

What exactly are you feeding?

In the picture of the coop I don't see any openings for proper ventilation. Do you keep the coop door to the run open at all times?

How old are your hens?

Did you already deworm them and inspect them and their coop for poultry mites?

Check her crop also: it should be flat and empty in the morning and nicely filled at roosting time.

What exactly are you feeding?

In the picture of the coop I don't see any openings for proper ventilation. Do you keep the coop door to the run open at all times?
Hi,
They are about 15 months old.

The coop has 4 doors so good ventilation, the 2 main ones are kept open during the day.

I have attached a video of her behaviour. Or I hope it has.

They are closed in the coop at sunset, but the coop has good air vents, and they have lived in this coop for their whole lives, so that's why I wondered if it had to do with the transport.

They are closed in the coop at sunset, but the coop has good air vents, and they have lived in this coop for their whole lives, so that's why I wondered if it had to do with the transport.
Not allowing the upload

That might well be the case. Did you check her legs for swelling, bruising or unusual warmth?

Back
Top Bottom