Hen losing feathers

Kimmyk80

Songster
Jul 16, 2019
My 8 month old EE cross hen is losing her feathers and it keeps getting worse. I picked her up and didn’t see any signs of mites and none of the rest of my flock are losing theirs. She still eats great, is active as always, and shows no signs of illness.
A1DBCA52-CD00-4B3F-A283-BB611010D271.jpeg
C10F4671-77B4-46FB-8BCB-63477267D0D2.jpeg

Either she's his favorite, or least favorite. Males can have a harem, but there will almost always be 1 hen that has a bare back. You can use a hen saddle, or cage him for awhile, until she gets her feathers back in good.

He is 10 months old ad has 11 hens, including this one.
His hormones are probably raging high right now with his young age and day light increasing. As he matures some it will probably get a little better.

Those feathers she's missing may not grow back in until she molts.

The boys ALWAYS love my (favorite) EE the most as well. Your gal looks like a beautiful bird, no wonder he likes her! :love

His hormones are probably raging high right now with his young age and day light increasing. As he matures some it will probably get a little better.

Those feathers she's missing may not grow back in until she molts.

The boys ALWAYS love my (favorite) EE the most as well. Your gal looks like a beautiful bird, no wonder he likes her! :love

Awww thanks❤️ I will see if I can find a saddle for her. Is this painful for her? I sprayed her with some Vetericyn as a precaution.

Back
Top Bottom