Hen or roo pics.

TRALALARA1

Songster
Mar 3, 2022
Oklahoma
This one chick is a real head scratcher. Slow feathering. Yellow comb. He’s from a rir hen and a barred rock roo. He was a yellow chick. He’s very vocal and brave. But the tiniest chick of all. I also threw in a couple other chicks pics for comparison. They are 7 weeks tomorrow.
IMG_3147.jpeg
IMG_3148.jpeg
IMG_3151.jpeg

Tough one because the photos are a little blurry. But looks like he’s a barnyard mix with a pea comb. I do think he’s a cockerel, but not sure he’s the combo of a barred rock rooster and RIR hen. That combo result in all barred chicks- so he might be a mix of a mix- because he’s expressing some recessive genes!

Will be really interesting to see his adult feathering.

Tough one because the photos are a little blurry. But looks like he’s a barnyard mix with a pea comb. I do think he’s a cockerel, but not sure he’s the combo of a barred rock rooster and RIR hen. That combo result in all barred chicks- so he might be a mix of a mix- because he’s expressing some recessive genes!

Will be really interesting to see his adult feathering.
There are two possible fathers but it’s a very unlikely chance. It’s definitely from a full blood rir. No doubt. I have three. All my other hens lay blue or green eggs. This ch came from a brown egg. The question is whether father could be my deceased EE rooster. He was killed about a month before I gathered eggs for incubating. But I guess it could happen. All those chicks in these pictures are from the same hatching. I set 30 eggs and 27 hatched. I’ve sold a lot of the barred chicks and kept the most unusual and possible pullets. Here’s a pic of the other rooster.
1421B0FA-D8EE-4148-B32B-C71A2174B4F5.jpeg
75CC2E4E-2697-46C0-A043-4B6CCF33A522.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom