Hen or Roo?

shannonleighn

Hatching
May 13, 2015
Currituck County, NC
We are pretty sure our Ameraucana Jane is actually a Wayne. After doing some reading, we checked he/she out and it looks like he/she has pointed tail feathers going on and we have been hearing crowing coming from the coop in the early morning. Jane/Wayne's comb is also thicker, but I have read that that is not a definitive marker.... however, those saddle feathers.....We have 16 (all pullets-- hahaha), and this one is the only one with the pointed (and super glossy) saddle feathers.

Curious to hear what y'all say. Is Jane really Wayne? (below on far left)

We are pretty sure our Ameraucana Jane is actually a Wayne. After doing some reading, we checked he/she out and it looks like he/she has pointed tail feathers going on and we have been hearing crowing coming from the coop in the early morning. Jane/Wayne's comb is also thicker, but I have read that that is not a definitive marker.... however, those saddle feathers.....We have 16 (all pullets-- hahaha), and this one is the only one with the pointed (and super glossy) saddle feathers. Curious to hear what y'all say. Is Jane really Wayne? (below on far left)
That looks just like my SLW in the far right, is that a pullet? If so how old when she got color in her beek??

That looks just like my SLW in the far right, is that a pullet? If so how old when she got color in her beek??
We have 2 SLW, they are about a week or two apart. The older one in the above picture is Carolina and I am not sure when she got color in her beak-- but she is about 14 weeks old. Our younger, Louisiana, is 12 weeks and her beak doesn't have color like her older *sister*. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom