Hen or Rooster, please...

Ashnatjack

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 17, 2012
Georgia
Is this a hen or rooster? I rescued Nuggets from the side of the road after falling off a chicken truck.

Oh yeah, keeping him for sure. We live in the country. He's got a roomy dog run with a cover. I let him free range all day, (as long as someone is here) and he goes up at dark. He's really sweet. He follows me around and let's me pet him. It's funny...my Dad watched my animals ( we have 2 rescued dogs, 5 rescued cats, 2 bunnies, 2 rats and a turtle) well, he was trying to put him up and Nuggets kept flogging him. Make sense now! But he lives his Mommy. I'll keep him as long as he lives. I guess he'll be my one and only. I don't have the setup for two dog runs. The one he's in is under our carport with pinestraw on the cement and an elevated roost or perch for him.

How sweet of you to rescue him! If you've got the room, you might consider getting him a friend or two. Otherwise, I'm sure he will be bonded strongly to you, snd that's not a bad thing as long as it's okay with you. Congrats on your new little man!
thumbsup.gif
And
welcome-byc.gif

By the way, does he crow for you yet?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom