Hen or Rooster?

first one...yes. it looks like a legbar pullet.
2nd one...not sure. How does it look at you? does it cock it's head, or just look straight up?
in the last pic...the larger one looks like a male, and the littler one looks like a female.
~good luck!

Sorry I am new to this.

What does legbar pullet mean? boy or girl? I thought Pullet was a girl...

Second one is pretty shy doesn't really look at me. What is the difference? Cocking of the head means boy?

Third picture. I figured boy for the white one and girl for the little red one...?

Thank you! I was told all girls but then a friend said 2 boys so I am freaking out.

Fist one, mixed breed cockerel. Not a Legbar. Not a pullet.
#2 pullet
#3 red bird is a pullet. The other is a cockerel.
I can spot the boys because they have different shaped feathers on their backs. Males get 'saddle' feathers, they are those long, thin, pointed back feathers. Compare them to the feathers on the backs of the pullets. You'll see the difference.

that is what another person said... so disappointed. not sure 2 roosters will work when we didn't want one.

pullet means a teenage female chicken. and legbar is a breed of chicken. the second one is shy? she is probably a girl then. girls are usually shy. and yes, males usually cock their heads sideways to look at you. like this-
meanwhile, girls look up at you.
and you are right about the third pic. i am pretty sure at least...
and you are very welcome. if you would like to ever tell me stories about your chickens, go to my thread "Story Away!"
Sorry I am new to this.

Second one is pretty shy doesn't really look at me. What is the difference? Cocking of the head means boy?

Third picture. I figured boy for the white one and girl for the little red one...?

Thank you! I was told all girls but then a friend said 2 boys so I am freaking out.

Sorry I am new to this.

Last edited:
Fist one, mixed breed cockerel. Not a Legbar. Not a pullet.
#2 pullet
#3 red bird is a pullet. The other is a cockerel.
I can spot the boys because they have different shaped feathers on their backs. Males get 'saddle' feathers, they are those long, thin, pointed back feathers. Compare them to the feathers on the backs of the pullets. You'll see the difference.

AGREE....Pullet = female Cockerel = male

so my pullets have grown a bit and are laying YEA!!! what type do you all think this one is? I have asked JetBlack too!

Back
Top Bottom