IMG_4101.JPG
IMG_4109.JPG
IMG_4106.JPG
IMG_4177.JPG
IMG_4176.JPG
IMG_4178.JPG
IMG_4180.JPG
Hi!
I'm a new chicken owner, 5 hens and a rooster 10 months old and 8 chicks 9 weeks old. A lot of fun and I love them all. My problem right now is that I think I've got a few roosters among the younger ones, hate the idea of not having them so I'm hoping you'd help me to know what they are. Thank you very much beforehand!

Im terrible at this.I would've guesed the bottom one was a hen lol
It's okay, just takes some practice (and sometimes just plain guesses :) ) but it's also harder to sex when you don't know the breed. Tail feathers are a good indicator but at that age, the ones that are getting bigger combes and wattles are usually roosters.

You have a combo of pea and straight combs which makes direct comparison a little trickier, but here are my current guesses.
1 all girl all the way
2 can't see the head well but those downward falling tail feathers make me lean towards boy for now
3 those look like boy splotches across the wing / back
4 girl
5 if those legs are really that size boy all the way, but I couldn't tell if it was forced perspective (an optical illusion)
6 looks pretty girly, but I'm going to say a late blooming boy?????
7 those pesky boy splotches across the wings and back I think boy
8 all boy all the way.

I
It's okay, just takes some practice (and sometimes just plain guesses :) ) but it's also harder to sex when you don't know the breed. Tail feathers are a good indicator but at that age, the ones that are getting bigger combes and wattles are usually roosters.
I think that I just go along with the saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks LOL. I've had chickens 3 years now and still have trouble lol

Back
Top Bottom