Hen or rooster?

jenlynn332

Hatching
May 19, 2015
Hen or rooster? White Plymouth Rock four weeks old, has the beginning growth of a waddle unlike her counter part.

Hen or rooster? White Plymouth Rock four weeks old, has the beginning growth of a waddle unlike her counter part.

Welcome to BYC - unfortunately, I do not see any photo attached so hopefully you can get that fixed so we can see your bird. What color are the comb and wattles of the bird in question? Growth alone is not necessarily an indication of gender at the age of your bird, color will play into it as well.

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Ol Grey Mare X2 We need a picture of the bird. Wattle growth is normal for all 4 week old chicks, male or female.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. X2 on the other members request for a photo. Trying to ID a bird without a photo is a bit like shooting in the dark. If you can get a pic posted, we'd be happy to take a look at your White Rock. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Pretty sure we don't need a pic. If it is only 4wks and has a waddle appearing then I'd go with cockerel.

This is not really true - first of all, if a 4 week old has a waddle, they need a diet - as for the wattle, pullets at 4 weeks can show wattle development. The OP does not state how much growth they are seeing on the bird in question and it could be a small amount of pale flesh or a large amount of bright red tissue - the former would not automatically mean cockerel at all.

Welcome to BYC - unfortunately, I do not see any photo attached so hopefully you can get that fixed so we can see your bird. What color are the comb and wattles of the bird in question? Growth alone is not necessarily an indication of gender at the age of your bird, color will play into it as well.
x3

Back
Top Bottom