1. collegegardener

collegegardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2014
    Russellville, Arkansas
    I feel like I have had the worst luck with my flock lately. My EE hen is sitting in one spot, little to no activity, and is puffed up. It did just recently get cold here, but the coop has been winterized and the others with her are doing fine. The hen is about 6-7 months old. She has not laid yet either. Could she be getting ready to lay?

2. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Start with giving her Corid. Being "puffed up" is usually a sign of Coccidiosis, especially with little activity. Look at her droppings to see if they are normal. You can give her a drop or 2 of undiluted liquid Corid in her beak once a day. Has she been wormed? If not, you need to look into that as well. I don't know the dosage for worming and it depends on what you use. There are other people who can help you with worming if you need it. Good luck!

liquid Corid- 2 teaspoons per gallon

powder- 1.5 teaspoons per gallon

3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

It would also be a good idea to bring her in and keep her warm. That way you can also monitor what she's eating/drinking and what her poop looks like.

When you winterize your coop make sure it still maintains proper ventilation.

4. collegegardener

collegegardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2014
    Russellville, Arkansas
    Thank you. I just recently dewormed the whole flock. I just got some Corid and I'm headed home to start everyone on it.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Did you de-worm with Safeguard or Valbazen? If not, that's something to think about. Probably also good to treat for coccidiosis with Corid, it sure can't hurt. Here is a Corid dose picture.

[​IMG]
    FWIW, I *always* assume severe.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by