Hen Saddles

I tried to put it on her yesterday. I was disappointed as it's too big. i thought I measured carefully.
Funny for a few minutes to watch her reaction when we put it on...
big_smile.png
I guess we will send it back and get a
smaller one.

Just placed my order for one of these hen saddles! I'm new to raising chickens and I didn't intend to buy a rooster. His favorite girl, Selena, is missing a lot of feathers on her back, so I hope this works well for her and will help to protect her and give her time to grow her feathers back. Can't wait! Thanks! :)

Yes, please send it back and we'll get you a smaller one :)

I'm gonna just keep it if I need it. she grew her feathers back out, we let her out and she's been fine. Blended right back in to the flock with little problems, and she found a new roo who keeps her safe from the cockerels, and he's older, so he's not always jumping on her. Plus he's the alpha so he has plenty to choose from.
big_smile.png
Thanks tho, they are so cute, I wish I coulda seen it on her just for a few days!

just ordered 2 saddles and a butterfly... i have a columbian rock hen and a cornish that have not had feathers on their backs since spring and this is going to be the most perfect solution as they are freerangers and hate to be penned, and winter is coming upon us... i can hardly wait!!!!!
i will post pics

Saddles came this morning....
Lucky before saddle

With saddle

and wing protector

Thankyou sooo much... Midnight will get her bath and her zebra stripe saddle tomorrow, this should help them greatly!

Back
Top Bottom