Hen still not laying Eggs after a Month, please help.

klaudia21

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
So I de-wormed my hen, Pecker, by giving her half a pill this man from a chicken shop suggested and the other half one week later like the man instructed. I gave her the pill because she has not been laying eggs so I thought, why not de-worm her like someone suggested in my last thread (you are supposed to every year anyway --I did not know that). Her crest used to be more pink/pale until I gave her that pill 2 weeks ago. How ever, she still is not laying eggs; she used to lay 1 egg per day. Now it has been a month of no laying eggs and I am worried. I have no clue what to do. Also her tail is down and she is shedding like crazy for the past 3 days. I want to help her be way healthier :(

breed: unknown
No other chicken besides a rooster.

Let me know if you guys need any other information about Pecker.

Thank you

If she is shedding like crazy she is molting. Hens stop laying when they molt. She may start laying again when the molt is done or she may not pick back up until the days start getting longer again.

But she hasn't been laying eggs weeks before I noticed so many feathers everywhere. And her crown/crest is a very pale pink, I know that is bad. I wish I knew how to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom