Hen Stuck in Rat Trap Glue

You still can put them in the coop.
Just have to have a way to let rats to them and keep chickens off them.
Making a wire cage out of 2x4 welded wire will let rats in and keep birds out.
A wooden box with a rat sized opening works too.

I agree with cooking oil as a glue remover by the way.

Edited to be very clear.....COOKING oil NOT motor oil or oil containing petroleum distillates.
This morning one of my month old Dominant Coppers escaped from the large stock tanks and became stuck in a Rat glue trap. Thankfully all I do was come to Back Yard Chickens. I was able to save the little Hudini, she didn't care the whole process. But seemed content with warm towels didnt even mind the hairdryer. Held under my until she stopped shivering. She is back in with her other hatchlings. Doing well, eating, drinking just fine. Thank you and everyone that posted on just what to do in case this happens.

This morning one of my month old Dominant Coppers escaped from the large stock tanks and became stuck in a Rat glue trap. Thankfully all I do was come to Back Yard Chickens. I was able to save the little Hudini, she didn't care the whole process. But seemed content with warm towels didnt even mind the hairdryer. Held under my until she stopped shivering. She is back in with her other hatchlings. Doing well, eating, drinking just fine. Thank you and everyone that posted on just what to do in case this happens.

I am super glad that you were able to find the info you needed to save your chickie.

Back
Top Bottom