Hen tried to kill chicks... Updated: They both died.. =(

I'm sorry about your chick. We had a springer spaniel that wasn't a good mommy, but was an awesome show dog so my dad bred her anyway. Broke my heart to see the puppies struggle for attention from her. (So I became mom) Didn't make it hurt any less when one suffered.
Good luck with #2. If it makes it you really should think about naming it Lucky. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

Quote:
...are you referring to medicated chick starter? Are you advising to give this to an older bird? The medication in that is not an antibiotic but an a coccidiostat and effective only for management (and not treatment of cocci ...
...unless your birds are of an age that benefits from medicated feed against cocci then I dont see how this would help.

We're talking about chicks here, right?! I give medicated chick feed to mine--that's why I suggested the medicated feed. Just making a simple mash works well.
roll.png

(((hugs))) > so very sorry you lost them
@ M@M@2four > thanks for clearing that up (I had the impression that you were speaking " in general" and have run across a couple posts lately which advised specifically for older bird med starter (thinking there was antibiotic in it) ...
always so sad to loose those chickies...

Back
Top Bottom