Hen vanished

This once happened to me, one off my hens vanished without leaving and predator traces. I know she had went broody. She returned 10 days later down near the dam. But after being locked up for a week, she went and sat on eggs again, but this ime I don't know where.(because i don't know where the nest is) A few days ago i found some craked eggs and a small nest in the garden, ihping tha it is another hickens, but i thought i saw millefleur feathers....But who knows, maybe she will return after20 days

This once happened to me, one off my hens vanished without leaving and predator traces. I know she had went broody. She returned 10 days later down near the dam. But after being locked up for a week, she went and sat on eggs again, but this ime I don't know where.(because i don't know where the nest is) A few days ago i found some craked eggs and a small nest in the garden, ihping tha it is another hickens, but i thought i saw millefleur feathers....But who knows, maybe she will return after20 days

Today I got me missing hen back
celebrate.gif

I after nearly a week! I was putting the chickens away for the night when I heard some flapping and rustling from across the stream at the back of my house. I happened to glance over to see a flurry of white in the bushes - and then looking closer I saw my hens head!

I kept calling her to come back and rattling the food. She make a couple attempts to fly back over the stream, but the vegetation is so dense she kept catching her wings in the branches and leaves and falling back down. There was no clear ground to get a good take off, so...........

I jumped over the wall - ran along the stream about 5 houses down, where I knew there was an old irrigation bridge. Had to crawl over than in my hands and knees, not looking down - it was very narrow. On the other side push myself through dense bamboo and bushes, getting bitten by mosquitoes. Finally I got to the place opposite my house.

Then I had to clamber down the steep bank. I spotted her sitting at eye level on a branch. She let me just reach up and take her down. I was worried she would panic and fly off.

Then I wrapped her in my T shirt and did the same route back.

She has lost a good bit of weight, but other than that she is fine. I can't believe a fat, bright white, short legged bantam could survive all that time out there in the jungle.

Back with the other chickens she ran straight to the feed!

So happy to have her back. Was a good day today as my ring neck doves also hatched out their chick this morning.

Wow! Glad she's back!
big_smile.png
Chickens sure are unpredictable.

oh my gosh, if that hen could talk! i'll be interested to hear if she acts any differently now, especially towards you, her heroine! congratulations!!

Thanks everyone for being interesting in my stray hen!

She is behaving like her old self again, sticking around the coop and not going too far.

She is the least adventurous chicken I have, so she was the last one I would suspect to go missing. I still have no idea how she ended up over the stream.

Back
Top Bottom