hen vomiting thick white and yellow liquid

I had a hen vomit similarly, and it ended up being sour crop. Is her crop completely empty in the morning, or is it possible there is some stuff left in there that you might have missed? I ask because that happened to me. I felt my girl's crop, and it felt flat af first. After she vomited, I checked again, and there was squishy stuff in the bottom still. I had to really feel around to find it. It wasnt obvious.
i just went out to check if she had any other signs of a sour crop, and i squished her crop pretty thoroughly, she gurgled a bit but she started to smell really really bad, so its a high possibility that i missed something

I missed it in my girl, and it was the smell that tipped me off, too.

Unfortunately, sour crop is often the symptom of something else, like an infection or worm load or reproductive disorder. But you should start with the sour crop.

her crop is empty in the morning and shes not eating or drinking on her own. the last time she laid an egg was around july/august last year. no fluid or anything on her body, i'll take photos of her poop as soon as she does one.
shes not got anything wrong with her that i can see physically the only other sort of sympton she has is that shes breathing with her mouth open. but everything in her beak looks fine.

i just went out to check if she had any other signs of a sour crop, and i squished her crop pretty thoroughly, she gurgled a bit but she started to smell really really bad, so its a high possibility that i missed something
Sounds like Sour Crop. Start treating that according to the article I posted earlier. I'll link it again. You can find Miconazole or Clotrimazole at stores like WalMart, look in the women's yeast medication section or in the athlete's foot section.

You can separate her if you wish, everyone does things differently. I leave mine with the flock and treat them that way. See that she's drinking really well, I let them decide if they want to eat. I provide both wet feed and dry. If they don't eat for a day or so but are drinking, I'm satisfied with that. The biggest thing is to start treatment asap and finish the full 7 days twice a day even if they seem to be getting better.

Do keep in mind that crop problems are a Symptom. Usually there is something else going on. She's not laid eggs for months, so I would suspect some type of reproductive disorder, but some other common underlying conditions are worms, coccidiosis and/or infection. Sometimes the best you can do is address symptoms as they arise and monitor them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Sounds like Sour Crop. Start treating that according to the article I posted earlier. I'll link it again. You can find Miconazole or Clotrimazole at stores like WalMart, look in the women's yeast medication section or in the athlete's foot section.

You can separate her if you wish, everyone does things differently. I leave mine with the flock and treat them that way. See that she's drinking really well, I let them decide if they want to eat. I provide both wet feed and dry. If they don't eat for a day or so but are drinking, I'm satisfied with that. The biggest thing is to start treatment asap and finish the full 7 days twice a day even if they seem to be getting better.

Do keep in mind that crop problems are a Symptom. Usually there is something else going on. She's not laid eggs for months, so I would suspect some type of reproductive disorder, but some other common underlying conditions are worms, coccidiosis and/or infection. Sometimes the best you can do is address symptoms as they arise and monitor them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
thank you! i just gave her a dose of clotrimazole so hopefully she'll start picking up:)

Back
Top Bottom