hen walking side-ways, please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by roxyblue, Nov 10, 2011.

1. roxyblue

roxyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    Hi Everyone,
    i'm kind of freaking out right now because when I went outside to feed the girls this morning I noticed one was walking weirdly. someimes she walked normally but sometimes she walked sideways, she is molting REALly badly right now, I mean all the feathers from her body disapeared in three days flat. Could this have anything to do with it?
    PLEASE HELP ME, i am really concerned for her
    thankyou
    -roxyblue

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. roxyblue

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    please i am really desperate right now, and have no clue whats going on, she's one of my only two girls.[​IMG]

3. franksflock

franksflock Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    Rochester
    How old is she? Could she be molting?

4. roxyblue

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    Thankyou for replying!
    dhe will be two years old in march, and she is molting worse than any other chicken I've ever seen right now.
    thanks again
    -roxyblue

5. roxyblue

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    update:
    i found some of her dropping outside and they appear to be normal exept for that they have a whole bunch of these peices of ? that look a lot like liver spots that you would fing in eggs
    any Ideas?
    THANK YOU!

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Walking sideways isn't a typical presentation for molting; is it possible she has flown & perhaps hit her head on something?

7. roxyblue

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks,
    I have been researching it a little bit, she might have hit her head, but I doubt it. i found someone else's post that talked obout basicly the exact same thing, her bird was molting to. ???
    anyway she was back to normal in a couple days. I really hope thats the case with Roxy.
    thanks again
    -roxyblue

8. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:I'd bet my last dollar that was a coincidence, but I hope you're right! I'll be thinking of your Roxy - please update us, okay?

9. roxyblue

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    I will
    P.S. I'm sorry i didn't realize that 'bumping" was against the rules. I woln't do it again [​IMG]

10. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:No worries...I know you are concerned for your girl! I just wanted to let you know. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by