hen walking side-ways, please help!

roxyblue

Songster
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
pittsburgh, PA
Hi Everyone,
i'm kind of freaking out right now because when I went outside to feed the girls this morning I noticed one was walking weirdly. someimes she walked normally but sometimes she walked sideways, she is molting REALly badly right now, I mean all the feathers from her body disapeared in three days flat. Could this have anything to do with it?
PLEASE HELP ME, i am really concerned for her
thankyou
-roxyblue

Last edited:
please i am really desperate right now, and have no clue whats going on, she's one of my only two girls.
sad.png

Thankyou for replying!
dhe will be two years old in march, and she is molting worse than any other chicken I've ever seen right now.
thanks again
-roxyblue

update:
i found some of her dropping outside and they appear to be normal exept for that they have a whole bunch of these peices of ? that look a lot like liver spots that you would fing in eggs
any Ideas?
THANK YOU!

Walking sideways isn't a typical presentation for molting; is it possible she has flown & perhaps hit her head on something?

Thanks,
I have been researching it a little bit, she might have hit her head, but I doubt it. i found someone else's post that talked obout basicly the exact same thing, her bird was molting to. ???
anyway she was back to normal in a couple days. I really hope thats the case with Roxy.
thanks again
-roxyblue

Quote:
I'd bet my last dollar that was a coincidence, but I hope you're right! I'll be thinking of your Roxy - please update us, okay?

Back
Top Bottom